Goodbye to the winch
The winch is too heavy for the cat to lift into the Skier so the skiers need to winch the pallet into the aircraft. It went very well. A big thanks for the very professional handling by the loadmasters.
Normally Sunday is s peaceful day with the morning off but this Sunday we received a training Skier and had to pack the drill equipment so it turned into a very busy day. After dinner the pallets were packed and netted and a tired camp retired between 23 and 02.
What we have done today:
1. Air sampling program
2. Received skier 72 and sent two pallets with the winch and the central
tower part as retro cargo.
3. Disassembled the drillers cabin and palletized it on the apron
4. Packed Stapi on a pallet
5. Peter made a 10m long double trench with the snowblower to study the melt
6. Steff packed the tools in the drillers workshop
7. Drill boxes and workshop boxes palletized
8. Garbage and empty drum pallets built.
Weather: -12°C to -7°C. Wind 2-13 kn from SW turning to N. Overcast and snow.
FL, Dorthe Dahl-Jensen