Our first Saturday at NEEM
The day to dig the 2m deep snow pit has come, and Paul, Helle, Motohiro, Alejandra and Rune finds a spot on the line of the clean area 2 km from camp. They are busy all day digging and sampling. In camp, packing and documentation are on the agenda and the three remaining in camp are busy.
The chefs of Saturday evening were Paul, Helle and Dorthe and they served a four course dinner. After dinner we played games until early morning.
What we have done today:
1. Made and sampled 2 m snow pit
2. NEGIS: all well; good weather, a good part of the seismic program done
3. Prepare system to obtain camp documentation
4. Packed and documented in Carpenters Garage
5. Emptied Sauna Garage
6. Removed snow with a snow blower around Sauna Garage
7. Filled hole from Red Dome with snow
8. Cooked for Saturday Evening
-18 °C warming to -8 °C. Wind 8-16 kn from E. Varying overcast and sun.
FL, Dorthe Dahl-Jensen