Active day with preparations for new projects
Sunday morning (agurketid)
With a new team, new projects are starting up: Tanja is back to finish the AWI radar net, Susanne and Lars are here to drill shallow ice cores far from camp, Martin and Phillip to test the new AWI shallow drill and Renato to take care of the vapour monitoring program. With the UAV project and the Dome ski project all hands in camp where fully occupied.
What we have done today:
1. Monitoring of water vapor
2. Japanese aerosol station monitoring
3. Changing cable on the DK intermediate winch
4. Preparing equipment and waypoints for the ice cores to be drilled far from camp
5. Exchanging empty and full fuel tanks in camp
6. First radar test on UAV taxing on the taxiway
7. Digging out for the Skies under the Dome
8. Tightening the blue ring around the Dome to all 15 legs
9. Updating GPS positions of all NEEM shallow boreholes
10. Numbering all unnumbered ice core boxes in camp. Next number to be used 5840
Weather: Sunny and windy day, Temp. -8 °C to -3 °C, wind 7 to 18 knots from SE turning to S.
FL, Dorthe Dahl-Jensen
The CreSIS UAV is carefully being moved to the taxiway by the team of seven
Sverrir is exchanging fuel tanks between the generator and the apron.
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|