Packing the science trench
Science talks in the Main Dome.
Time has come.. The processing of the deep ice core is finalized and it is time to pack much down and return it to Europe.
The CFA team gained muscles taking down the Viessmann cabin and getting the melter table free of the snow floor.
Gideon has enjoyed the last days as apprentice to Gunnar and during the evening science talks he received a diploma for Skidoo repair, Flexmobil driving, fuel pumping and Viessmann disassembling.
Drilling? We are still enjoying “Last Runs” and get more and more material of refrozen water, sediment and ice layers material up.
What we have done today:
1. Deployed rock drill to bedrock two times with dead weights
2. Took down CFA Viessmann and packed it on a pallet on the surface
3. Cleaned science trench and removed excess wood and paper
4. Repair of skidoos
5. Monitoring of water vapor
6. Attempt to drill the BAS 30m shallow ice core but warm temperatures
stopped the drilling for today
7. Weighing and strapping ice core boxes
8. Science talks in the evening
Weather: Overcast, temp. -10°C to -4°C, wind 6-20 knots from changing from SW to SE.
FL, Dorthe Dahl-Jensen
Ailsa, Olivia and Daiana in triumph having dug the melter table up.
Gunnar congratulates Gideon on his diploma on Skidoo repair, Flexmobil driving, fuel
pumping and Viessmann disassembling.
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|