A day of exchange of personal in the NEEM camp
Building the tower for the water vapour program and finding all the tubes to attach to the tower. Hans Christian and Frederik have Scott as helper until the basal ice drilling program starts in few days.
The science processing of ice cores from the 411m deep shallow ice core and the CFA processing of the deep ice cores are finalized.
17 will leave camp, 6 will remain and 8 new will arrive. This is really a big change in camp.
The morning was used packing 2 pallets with ice cores and the afternoon was used settling in for the newcomers and unpacking food and other goods from Kangerlussuaq.
What we have done today:
1. NEEM S2 drilling depth 103.33 m
2. Receiving Skier 91
3. Packing ice pallets
4. Receiving and unpacking cargo
5. Receiving Air National Guards DV’s
6. Hello to 8 new NEEM members and goodbye to 17 departing NEEM members
7. Setting up vapor site
8. Finding shallow hole 2009 S1 for temperature logging
9. Grooming skiway
10. Drilling 12m firn cores for CFA
Weather: Blue sky, Temp. -5 °C to -10 °C , wind 7-13 knots from SE.
FL, Dorthe Dahl-Jensen
Shallow drilling in the 4 deg inclined hole continues and 100m is passed. Steff and Christopher enjoys that Jay Johnsen has arrived to join them.
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|