GPS net revisited
Grooming a track for skiing or evening strolls.
Lars started the long skidoo rides to revisit the GPS stakes today. Every year we remeasure the stakes and get to know with what velocity the ice is flowing. The NEEM sites moves 5 m/yr.
The intermediate winch with the elevated tower was tested today outside the Sauna garage and a 1.3 m long ice core was drilled right outside the sauna tent. The science trench rejects the core with reference to a much too high content of human microstructures.
No more deep drilling and logging.
Final logged depth is: 2537.36 m.
Processing: bag 1773-1808 (19.80m) depth: 994.40m.
What we have done today:
1. Measured the inner GPS net.
2. Assembling NZ shallow drill.
3. Assembling DK intermediate winch and CH elevated tower and drilling a sauna ice
Drillers depth: 2.33m
Loggers depth: 2.37m
Ice core length: 1.30m
4. Logging with Bryns logger. The winch spills oil and needs a overhaul.
5. Processing brittle ice.
6. Moved part of cargoline to present surface and reduced the amount of cargo to
Weather: Overcast varying between high and low clouds. Temperatures between
-14 °C and -5 °C. Wind 3-6 kt changing from S to NW.
FL Dorthe Dahl-Jensen
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|