A blusterous day
A blizzard situation.
Today turned out to become really windy. At Noon the mean wind reached 24
knots and wind gusts to 30 knots. The main dome began to vibrate slightly.
Snow drift is significant and we will have some snow to remove. Never the
less, it was possible to work a little outside as temperatures were very
warm: -10°C. The snowblower was in action keeping the entrances to the
garages and workshops clear. In the trenches, work progressed unaffected
by the weather. Almost needless to say: Todays flights were cancelled.
What we have done today:
1. Mounting the drilling chips melter.
2. Borehole logging completed.
3. Repairing the depth counter.
4. Taking food from sauna to cooks weatherport.
5. Trimming snow roof over physical properties laboratory.
6. Removing snow drifts from inside storage garage.
7. Troubleshooting malfunction on Pistenbully. Some indications of a
faulty steering transducer.
Ad.6: The old NGRIP garage, now storage tent is not completely tight. Some
large snow drifts were inside.
Weather: Scattered thin clouds, -14°C to -10°C, 10-24 knots from SE and
SSE. Visibility: 2 km decreasing to 500 m due to blowing snow.
FL, J.P. Steffensen
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|