Another flight mission and lots of activity
Camp activities: snow blowing and moving the heavy casing tubes down into the drill trench.
Again a beautiful day with a flight mission and also high activity in camp.
The weather today was quite similar to the weather yesterday and again a mission was planned in the early morning. Three left camp, Sarah, Bruce and Blair, and four arrived, Valerie, JiWong, Timothy and Fabian. The skier left camp at 8:15 and after breakfast the surface exploded with activities. Sigfus, Steff, Hans Peter and JiWong opened an inclined entrance to the drill trench; Claus, Peter, Marianne, Mark, Fabian and Timothy worked on sealing the outside of the dome; Valerie and Dorthe blew snow around the science trench; Henrik and Dennis prepared beams for the science trench roof; Louise organized all the fresh food that arrived with the skier and Michael repaired the fourth skidoo and supported all activities with the Pistenbully crane. We are 16 persons in camp now.
Fabian and Timothy rappelling the dome to seal the dome with screws and foam.
What we have done today:
- Receiving skier 73 at 07:15.
- Tilling parking area and tilling skier tracks from taxi area and skiway.
- Unpacking pallets and storing fresh food.
- Cutting beams in size for science trench roof.
- Sealing the dome shell with screws and foam between the panels.
- Expanding the 1st floor floor to the dome shell.
- Opening inclined entrance to drill trench.
- Moving casing down into drill trench.
- Removing snow around science trench.
- Repairing the fourth snowmobile.
Weather: blue sky, -17 to -5°C, 7 knots from SW, visibility unrestricted.
Ad 1. Again the skier barely made tracks on the skiway and parking area. When parked, the front ski could be lifted free of the surface. The skier had the front ski up after 1/2 the skyway and was airborne after 2/3 of the skiway. No ATOs were used.
FL, Dorthe Dahl-Jensen
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|