Packing everywhere in camp
Packing and weighing ice core boxes in the science trench.
The next flight period is getting closer and all science, drill and UAV equipment will leave camp 10-12 August.
The ice core boxes are being weighed and strapped in the science trench while the AWI drill equipment and the UAV are being packed in the surface garages.
Long lists of boxes and HAZMAT are being made. And off course – most important of all – the skiway is being groomed.
What we have done today:
1. Packing the water vapor equipment
2. Packing the Japanese aerosol station
3. Filling snow around the Dome
4. Removing tools and equipment for Dome moving
5. GPS measurements near camp
6. Packing science and drill equipment
7. Grooming skiway
Weather: Blue sky changing to overcast, temp. -18°C to -5°C, wind 6 to 12 knots from S.
FL, Dorthe Dahl-Jensen
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|