Hard core breaks and science trench dream team dinner
Outdoor Saturday midnight table tennis behind signpost at a mild and calm – 16 deg °C sunshine.
With the higher liquid level in the bore hole the core quality is now consistently good. Today, however, several runs had a hard core break and both the ‘hammer’ and the maximum allowed pull in the cable were needed to free the core in the hole. Therefore, it was decided to go back to the core barrel with the ‘super banger’ that is safer to use in this situation. It appears that every day gives new challenges for this drilling.
What we have done today:
1. NEEM S1 drilling depth 305.53 m
2. CFA of top brittle zone: bag 1095 – 1136 (601.70 - 624.80 m) 20 m analyzed.
3. Continued AWI radar grid measurements
4. Put up sign post in front of main dome
5. Put up heated bird house for lost sparrow
6. Enjoyed Saturday night with Science trench dream team composite menu
Weather: Blue sky and occasional ground fog. Temp. -8 °C to -17 °C, wind 4 -12 knots from SE.
FL, Anders Svensson
Red light drilling in sauna tent. The drill is up and the drill tower is tilted (top left), the core barrel is made free (top right) and taken out (lower left), the core goes into the core trough (lower centre) where after it undergoes careful inspection (lower right). Steff, Darcy, Andrew, Li, Christopher, and Sune are fighting the various challenges for the recovery of the 420 m S1 core.
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|