20 May 2011

Plane cancelled again today

Our extra crew member, Flat Stanley, in company with Sarah.

As there only was one plane available today, the decision had to be made whether it should fly to the American camp at Summit or to here. After going through the needs and tightness of schedule in both camps, our representative in Kangerlussuaq and his Summit counterpart agreed to make the Summit flight take precedence. Thus we got no plane today; but we will
get one tomorrow at Noon. Weather looks good, so this time it should go well.

We will soon say good-bye to a few of camp staff and to our extra camp member (who is not on the manning list), Flat Stanley. As part of a school outreach program, Flat Stanley has travelled the U.S. and now to the ice sheet in Greenland. He has sent a picture diary to children in the
U.S.; but now his stay is soon over, as he will travel home to the U.S. in an envelope.

What we have done today:

1.  Reopened storage garage with snow blower.
2.  Made ramp for drinking water snow sled.
3.  Several tests on CFA system.
4.  Packed snow around the edges of two weatherports.
5.  Made safety rail around large elevator.

Weather: Thin overcast, in the evening clear. Temp. - 14 °C to - 25 °C, 18-2 knots from SE later NE. Visibility unrestricted.

FL, J.P. Steffensen

← Previous entry   Next entry →