Busy – making up for lost time
Christian, Bruce and Trevor are mounting the main staircase to the trenches.
Weather is good now, and the forecast gives us several good days ahead.
Because of the two day delay on the put-in and another two days delay due to a blizzard, we need to make up for lost time. However, with the present weather it is a pleasure to spend long hours working outside and we will catch up.
Two important steps were reached today: We got the white weatherport raised over the entrance stairs and elevator to the trenches. Now the entrances are wind and snow drift proof.
We also emptied the storage garage, and the drillers can begin setting up the Hans Tausen drill for the planned 420 m drilling inside it.
What we have done today:
1. Built white weatherport over main entrance to the trenches.
2. Extended staircase to trenches.
3. Took all weatherport units out of winter storage from the storage
garage, and placed three of the sets in camp.
4. Rearranging remaining cargo in storage garage to make more space.
5. Cleared snow away from storage garage.
6. Removing snow from around workshop garage and carpenters garage.
7. Building up CFA system.
Ad.7: CFA system setup accomplished. Milli-Q system operational. Sampling equipment installed. Laboratory, consumables and backup material organized.
Weather: Clear. Temp. - 13 °C to - 24 °C, 4-14 knots from SE turning SW.
FL, J.P. Steffensen
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|