Sunday morning brunch with Blue Grass entertainment
Brunch with Blue Grass entertainment.
What more can you ask for? At noon Louise and Brandon had prepared a brunch not found better in New York, and Julie and Jesper entertained with Blue Grass music and song. Jesper played a bass made of half a fuel drum and a bamboo pole. Julie is the pro. We are preparing an array of accompanying instruments like a fennel rattle, a can washboard, an aluminium pole bell and a typewriter ‘pling’. Hopefully the band will grow before next (and last) brunch next Sunday.
What we have done today:
- Drilling with the NEEM long drill: 10.17 m. Drillers depth: 1620.73 m.
- Logging 7.03 m of core. Logging depth: 1635.42 m.
- CFA analysis: measuring pit samples and shallow cores.
- Processing 19.80 m of core. Processing depth: 1593.35 m (bag 2897).
- Preparing plywood floor in Sauna garage for dry food storage.
- Building shelves for main dome.
- Preparing documentation of chemicals over winter in camp.
Weather: Again a sunny day with high scattered clouds. Temperatures between -16°C and –8°C. Wind: 3-6 kn from S.
FL, Dorthe Dahl-Jensen
An overwhelming amount of full ice core boxes in the science trench are waiting to be transported back to the many laboratories from the 14 NEEM nations.
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|