A blusterous day with snow drift
Blizzard above ground.
Today was indeed windy. From the morning we had wind at 20 kt and it picked up to reach maximum at 28 kt by 1 PM. Visibility was restricted to 300 m, and temperatures around -20 °C made it not feasible to work outside. Work inside the main dome, inside the garages and below ground continued unaffected by the wind. This is a huge change compared to last year, where we in weather like this were forced to huddle inside the few tents we had and sit the weather out. Work continued on the drill electronics, and a wash basin was installed in the new toilet. It was Saturday. We showered and dressed up, and had a nice candle light dinner with steaks and “burning love”, a Danish meal. What we have done today:
- Exchanging the DC-DC converter in motor power supply of the drill.
- Working with drill computer and re-establishing contact with the drill.
- Work on plumbing in main dome.
- Work on the drill chip spinner.
- Laying some floor boards in drill trench.
Weather: overcast, later clearing, - 29 °C to -20 °C, 8-28 knots from S
Visibility: 300m, in the evening unrestricted.
FL, J.P. Steffensen
Quiet work in workshop in drill trench.
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|