The 6th and final plane arrives
The Flexmobil pulls arriving cargo from the apron to the camp area. Photo: Jim Hedfors, NEEM team
Today we received the last plane in this flight period and the last person to join the crew: Sebastian. The snow has not behaved as we wanted, so our skiway was not upgraded this period. However, the weather has been good to us, with lots of sunshine and moderate winds. Ahead of us, we now have 12 days where we can concentrate on construction work. Our Pistenbully is now ready to do some hard work. We have made alternative plans for the damaged crane. We will get the job done.
It is Saturday evening, and camp personnel is preparing a relaxing time in the kitchen tent.
What we have done today:
- Received one flight.
- Mounted 2nd belt and blade on Pistenbully. We now have an operational vehicle in camp.
- Sorting out food and other cargo.
- Marking the positions of the hills for a red dome tent and a garage.
- Moving construction material to sites.
- Celebrating Saturday night.
Weather: Cold, clear and almost no wind. -31°C to -21°C and 2 m/s wind from E. Sunshine all day.
Ad.2: Mounting of the second belt went much faster than the first.
Field Leader, J.P. Steffensen
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|