04 June 2015
We are on schedule in packing down EGRIP camp
Step by step, we complete the tasks of closing camp in an orderly fashion. The mechanics garage is unpacked and stocked. The carpenters garage is also well on the way. On the snow, we only have boxes and equipment that we send back to Kangerlussuaq.
We still need to clean up in the main dome, set-up a seismic station, build berms for overwintering sleds and fix a GPS reference near camp.
The mood in camp is good. People still have to do hard work; but as weather continues to smile at us, we get all tasks done, and we have a sense of accomplishment.
Kim served us excellent lamb-chops tonight, and afterwards, we enjoyed a movie.
What we have done today:
1. Covered undercarriage of main dome with plywood, snow, plastic and snow.
2. Placed food in trench in main street.
3. Reset skiway markers.
4. Snow sampling and pit study.
5. Setup the last points of the strain-net. Now only main reference station
6. Fuel depot for the Nettles group completed.
7. Packed water tank, bucket and pallet sled.
8. Added scaffold, reserve skiway markers and light weight scaffold to
9. Parked Flexmobile (yellow shovel) in winter position.
Weather: Beautiful day. Temp. – 12°C to -22°C, 3-5 m/s from W. Visibility: Un-restricted.
Ad. 8: We have no black markers in reserve. Only 8 red and 6 no. “2” markers.
FL, J.P. Steffensen
|← Previous entry||Next entry →|